Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Link...and a smile


I am sure most of you out there in blogland are already quite familiar with NieNie and her story, but if you are not, you must check them out here. Anyway, I fell in love with her and her darling family after catching her on Oprah this year. At the time, it was her incredible style that I was drawn to, but now that I am caught up on their story, it is so much more. I wish I could be friends with her. I always want to make new friends, and I think she would be a good one.

Anyway, NieNie and her husband, Christian, survived a plane crash, and although they are clearly still struggling with the daily reminders of that accident, it is obvious that their incredible relationship (among other things) will pull them through. They seem to have one of those marriages that any couple wants to emulate, and they inspire me to be a kinder, more loving wife. With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, I am thinking a lot lately about my Valentine and the many, many other things that I am grateful for, and in the spirit of NieNie's blog, I thought I would share my list for today.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. My sweet husband, who filled up my car with gas (without me asking) because I was about to head to the big city.
2. A brother who helped me tonight with the design of sweet husband's V-Day present when I knew he would rather watch basketball.
3. Weight Watchers because I can actually feel my collarbones again.
4. Iced tea with lots of Splenda
5. My incredible mom for stalking her fridge with ww-friendly foods.
6. Dinner at Mahogany with the family (minus a few members who were dearly missed).


No comments: