Monday, January 18, 2010

A Brief Update

As I mentioned below, hubs and I started Weight Watchers (again) last week, and I figure if I blog about it, it will help me be more accountable. So here goes.

Week 1- 6.4 lbs gone!!!

We had our weekly meeting tonight and here's what I learned...well, nothing actually, but it did feel really good to tell the group how much I lost over the past week.

"My name is Mizzle and I am an overeater and sugar addict. And, this week I lost 6.4 lbs. Yay!"

Clap. Clap. Clap

Ok that's not exactly how a WW meeting goes, but it may as well.

Anyway, this is what I did differently last week...
1) I went to the gym 4 times. My goal was 4 times and I did it!
2) I chose fruit and veggies over cookies.
3) Major cutback on ETOH
4) I made a rewards board to keep me focused on the prize. My first reward is coming up at 7 lbs. and hubs has to take me for sushi!!! Other rewards include a new dress, pedicure, bathing suit and tattoo.

Hubs was definitely upset that I lost more than he did though. He said that he needs to "start trying this week." LIAR (said in my best sing-song voice)....he was at the gym with me every day and counted his points as well as I did. He just can't stand that a girl beat him at something!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud!! But what is ETOH?

Taylor said...

Annie, it's alcohol. Sorry I guess I let the nurse in me take over for a minute!