Friday, January 22, 2010

A Letter to Cesar Millan


Dear Cesar,

I'm at my wits end and I need your help. Back in November I adopted this precious little thing from the Humane Society, and although she looks tiny, she will be a year old this month. When I brought her home, she was as sweet as can be- not quite housebroken, but crate trained and willing to learn. We followed the same steps with her as with our other dog (who is fully housebroken) and it was working. She would go to the door when she needed to potty. The only problems occurred when we were sleeping or didn't see her waiting by the door, so needless to say, we were pretty pleased with her progress.

Then the holidays came and went and it was time for a family vacation. We dropped the dogs off at my brother-in-laws house because he and his girlfriend volunteered to watch them for the week we were gone. They had been there many times before to play with his dog, so I wasn't worried.

But since we have been home, my dog has become NEUROTIC. She is terrified of the grass and won't go near it, even for a treat. If I set her on the grass she immediately runs back to the porch. If i hold her there, she stands on two legs for as long as I hold her and then sprints to the porch. And, the worst part is that she is now only going to the bathroom in the house. The problem is getting so bad that I have bought stock in the carpet cleaner we use. Kidding, but I should. Puppy pads don't work- she goes around them. Treats don't work- she doesn't get it. I'm about to put her in diapers, but I'd hate to clean up that mess. What's a girl to do?

Sincerely,

Nellie's Mom in Oklahoma


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh poor Nellie! And obviously, poor you. What happened over at Spencer's house that freaked her out so much? Have you asked them if she acted okay over there?