Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Armpits are Convex

Have you ever noticed that all of the skinny people of the world have concave armpits? Seriously, look around (especially at the actresses on tv) and you'll see. Their armpits dent in so much that they could probably hide stuff in there. "No need for a purse tonight. I've got my id, phone and lipstick in my armpit." OK, so maybe this is something that everyone but me already knows, but I have only very recently- like in the past 18 minutes- decided that the armpit just may be the best measure of skinny. And that's what I'm gonna go by...for now at least.

So, last night was my weekly weigh-in and it went better than expected! I lost another 3pointsomething lbs, bringing my grand total to 19.6. The Husband has now lost 22 lbs too and he will get really upset if I forget to mention it on here, so now you know. But, although I am thrilled with having lost almost 20 lbss my armpits don't yet cave like I would like.

Anyway, after we went to the meeting, we went down to the river and The Husband rode 10 miles on his bike and I ran 4. I would like to do another 1/2 marathon soon and according to my training schedule I needed to run 3. I chose to do 4 anyway because I am an overachiever like that. Actually, my new Garmin gives me magical running powers. More on those to come....someday.

Then, on the way home I made him take me to McDonald's because heck, I love their food. I love any fast food. And since you can eat anything on Weight Watchers (as long as you count it), I opted for one of these...


and one of these......
and I sat out in the car and ate them while The Husband went in the grocery to make himself a salad. Who's the overachiever now?

Well, the fast-food turned out to be a bust. The sandwich was too peppery and the fries way too salty. So, I ate about half of each and then made The Husband sit in the car while I went in and made the world's smallest salad. And, when I got back...the rest of my McDonald's was GONE.

Moral of the story: Don't expect your husband to not eat your McDonald's food even if it is gross. AND concave = skinny.

Peace out.

5 comments:

RN Mama said...

Congratulations on your loss! You're doing awesome!

Now, I'm going to check out my armpits to determine my level of skinniness!!

Anonymous said...

stumbled across your blog when googling "convex armpits". Unfortunately, your theory of skinniness and armpits don't apply to me :\

I am 23 years old, 93lbs, and have convex armpits. Basically, I look like a stick but my armpits are convex! :[ It sucks because it doesn't look sexy at all.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh this is funny, because I haven't found many ppl with concave armpits and let me tell you it is a pain in the ass to shave. Your razor does not quite fit comfortably to get all the hair. I would say I am average size 5'9" and 150 and always wondered about why I have different armpits. So thanks for making me feel good about my hard to shave pits. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh this is funny, because I haven't found many ppl with concave armpits and let me tell you it is a pain in the ass to shave. Your razor does not quite fit comfortably to get all the hair. I would say I am average size 5'9" and 150 and always wondered about why I have different armpits. So thanks for making me feel good about my hard to shave pits. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my god same! I just use my bikini shaved now. I have to or it's impossible to get it completely shaved. Mine are sooooo deep! Ugh.