Thursday, February 10, 2011

This Weekend and Other Randomness

This weekend, I'm headed to New Orleans with the girls to run really fast in my first 1/2 marathon since 2006! Yep, I'm doing the Rock and Roll New Orleans, and I was kidding about the running fast part because I actually jog vvvvveeeeeerrrrrryyyyy ssssssllllllllooooooowwwwwlllllyyyyy. My goal is to finish in under 2:30, so I'll let you know how I do.

Since the run is not until Sunday and I will have some other time to kill, this is what I plan on doing...
-spending ridiculous amounts of time and money on all of the amazing running clothes and accessories that the expo has to offer. Bondi Band, here I come!
-spending ridiculous amounts of time and money on whatever else New Orleans has to offer me. I feel a need to shop. I don't know what for, but I do know it won't be for beads....maybe some voodoo dolls???
-possibly taste-testing a hurricane or two?!?!
-eating, eating, and more eating!

And speaking of eating, guess what I just had for breakfast!

One piece of pizza crust and a couple of spoonfuls of ice cream.

Can we say breakfast of champions? Yes, I have geared my diet toward sustaining me for a long-distance run! Ha

And in the other randomness, here is something you must try...it's heaven in a cardboard container.



Wish me luck this weekend! Please.

No comments: