Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let's Talk About....

My legs. For just a minute.

They aren't pretty. At least I don't think they are.

I nicknamed them the "half-moons" in college, and since then they have become chubby, little fat-girl legs.

With cellulite.

But, I'm ok with that.

A girl I work with recently told me that she's glad I have "cankles" like hers. Ummm, gee thanks?!?!

But, they take me places.

I have run 100s of miles on them and walked 1000s more.

They get me through 12-hour shifts at the hospital.

And, they are going to carry me across the finish line of a half marathon in just a week and a half.

Sometimes I dress them up in a pair of fabulous Louboutins,

and pretend that the shoes will transform me into a supermodel...with supermodel legs.

And then I remember back to a time in my 20s when my legs looked pretty dang great,

but I was starving.

And for now, I would prefer to enjoy my French Silk ice cream and smorgasbord of candy,

and let my legs continue to be what they are....a metaphor for my life in general.

Not perfect.

But healthy and happy.



P.S. Ignore the stupid look on my face. I couldn't believe my husband was taking pictures and video of me as I crossed the finish line of a recent race.

P.P.S. The shorts I'm wearing are THE BEST running shorts ever, and I just bought my 3rd pair today! You can find them through the Roadrunner link on the right side of the page. They are the women's 6" compression shorts.

No comments: