Monday, February 21, 2011


If you will remember, I said I am trying vegetarianism for 1 month because it is something I have always wanted to do. I know it is not for everyone, and I AM NOT trying to push my views on anyone. I am doing this for myself. However, since the picture above sums up my feelings and motivation, I had to share.

I have officially been a veggie for one full week now, and I am happy with my decision thus far. I have found myself eating things I would normally not eat just for nutrition's sake. For instance, I went to the mall food court for lunch today, and instead of ordering my usual chick-fil-a chicken sandwich, large fries and coke zero, I went to the cajun stand next door and ordered a veggie platter with red beans, green beans, rice and mac-n-cheese. Also, instead of my usual chocolate ice cream breakfast, I had a Luna Bar. So, even though I can't tell a difference on the scale yet, I know I am making better food choices because I am forced to think about what I am putting in my mouth! I don't miss anything yet, but there may come a time when I miss my McDonalds, Chick-Fil-A and Indian food. We'll see.

On another note, if you have a couple of hours to spare, watch Food, Inc. It wasn't as sad as I expected although there are some scenes that are very hard to watch. I was definitely enlightening though!

No comments: