Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 1


I had a particularly bad day at work a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember exactly what precipitated it, but I do remember that whatever those events were lead to several sobbing phone calls to my closest friends and family. These were the kind where you are crying so hard you can't talk, and the person on the other end is going into panic mode because they are already fearing the worst. The calls usually start out with "Mom, I'm OK but..." before I can barely mix in a few unintelligible words with many, many breathless sobs. I'm sure we have all had them, but my bad days seem to be occurring more and frequently lately, leading me to believe it's time to make a change. 

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to show off my sweet flowers. After said bad day, I came home to find them laying in the kitchen with a  super sweet card from Hubbins, and although they have been sitting in my kitchen for weeks now, I just can't yet bear to throw them out. They still make me smile. So, this morning when I changed the water yet again for what will surely be the last time, I snapped this picture to share. Thanks, Hubbins, for brightening even my worst of days.

No comments: