Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Best Treat Ever




























I am a self proclaimed rice krispie treat connoisseur! Yes, I know, I should probably strive for a title with a little bit more meaning/importance, but I can't help it....the marshmallowy piles of goodness are one of my favorite things in life.

My love for RCTs first bloomed the summer I lived in Los Angeles. The commissary at Universal Studios where I worked sold some that were dipped in chocolate and were absolutely amazing....I think I ate one almost daily. That was 10 years ago, and I have been searching for a comparable treat since then. Of course, I can make my own, but it's not the same thing, and the ones in the little blue packages don't even come close...they just don't taste right.

Well, I took Josh to NYC for his birthday, and we decided to go to Serendipity for dessert one night. However, the line was 3 hours long, and I didn't have the patience to wait 30 minutes for a touristy soft frozen hot chocolate. So, we made our way to the candy store down the street for the next best thing. It was fate! They had the most amazing krispie treats! In fact, we tried to go back one more time before we came back to OK, but the store was closed. So, I made a point to ingrain the name of the company on my brain and find it when I got home. It worked....they have a website, and I am able to order my favorite little dessert squares any time I see the need. Actually, it would be nice if Josh read this and surprised me with some, but since he doesn't read it, I guess I will have to treat myself!




No comments: