Sunday, February 8, 2009

W-O-W! That's all I can say!

I have had the best day today! Got up and had breakfast at the Blue Dome Diner with hubbins, did a little shopping, spent time in my scrapbook room, and got many, many donations for the silent auction part of my fundraising effort. Yep, that's right....many, many donations.

So, here's how it happened. I was bored last night while Josh watched a borderline inappropriate/scary movie called Alpha Dog. I couldn't bare to watch it because it was all about drugs, sex, more drugs, and murder. Oh and did I say drugs? Not my kind of movie. Anyway, I was playing around on the Internet and I got the bright idea to make a post on a particular site asking for donations. Don't worry- it's a reputable site. Anyway, I didn't think anyone would respond because after all, I have been posting on my blog and on myspace that I am trying to raise money and no one is donating. So, imagine my surprise when I checked my email this morning and had over 30 people trying to donate to my project! Wow! That's all I can say.

Since then, I have had many more offers, and they just keep coming...everything from jewelry to clothes to paintings, etc! I am so thankful because I believe this is an indicator of what to expect from this fundraising effort! The kindness of total strangers....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure if Josh could figure out how to bottle it he would donate his awesomeness.